25mm master cylinder on eBay

On 5/29/02 3:42 PM, "Runs With Scissors" <dan@angband.org> wrote:
>>=20
>> Thought someone might want this, I'm not the seller
>=20
> What, for weaker brakes?

No, as an option aside from the 20mm or 22mm that are normal VW issue.

4 thoughts:

1) True, the larger MC diameter will lessen the clamping force of the pads
on the rotor, for a given force applied on the pedal. But it will also
increase the range of forces that you can apply to the brake pedal.

2) Straight line braking is as much a no-brainer as is straight line
acceleration. Toss some turns in there and the story changes. Modulation
becomes easier when you have a larger range of force to apply with your
foot.

3) I don't see any 16v people out there rushing to get 20mm MC's to beef up
their brake clamping forces.

4) I wouldn=B9t put this on a car with 9.4's up front and drums in rear, but
if you've got 11" dual pistons up front and discs in rear, you might find
this necessary to set up a good balance, along with a proportioning valve t=
adjust for optimal brake balance.

To each his (or her) own,

Jonas