Fuel Lines Redux and Spark Plug Weirdness

I had a somewhat similar experience swapping out trashed wires for new.  I
guess things can be pretty bad and still work.  The one thing that did make
a huge difference for me is a new coil.   Maybe new plugs are just too much
for the old coil to handle.

HTH

John