[Re: re-upholstering seats]

John Lagnese <jlagnese@massed.net> wrote:

Ryan Ruggles wrote:

> Has anyone re upholstered their front seats in their Scirocco
> before? I have a few questions: 1) How do you take the seats out of
> their tracks?  Mine are jammed...

Mine was this way on the DS, you may find adjusting the angle of the seat=

bottom will put it in a position to slide. Mine still needs to be tilted =
certain way for it to slide forward / back easily. Hopefully it isn't sie=
zed
up, as mine was. If it won't tilt, once you get it out of the car, you ta=
ke a
big heavy hammer and pound the tar out of the frame till it moves (chanti=
ng
"stupid car" as you go), and grease the heck out of it. (look at a workin=
g one
to see how it should be moving before you commence) =

Oh, first check the tracks for coins and pens, if you are lucky you will
become rich. And don't forget to remove that little nut and bolt at the f=
ront
of the centre rail, and the plastic cover on the inner rail should be off=
 too.
(I'm sure you did that)
HTH Cathy