[Tech] 16V Pressure Plate Q's - looking for a strong pressure plate for my '79 16V Scirocco

I'm looking for a strong pressure plate for my '79 16V Scirocco...

Any suggestions?

What kind of clutch are you guys running?

I just got the 4K out of the '79, and when I unbolted the flywheel, the
pressure plate surface ring slid down and was hanging from ONE strap.

There's was 3 straps to start, but one was completely missing, and half
of the one strap was left. Since I have a lightened flywheel, the broken
strap wore a groove in the bellhousing.

I didn't see any metal parts, just a bunch of iron/aluminum filings.

I compared the metal strap to an older 8V clutch pressure plate, and the
Sachs Clutch kit straps are half the thickness.

I'm tempted to use it, since it still has the machining grooves...

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Peter

http://thescirocco.com