battery light and o2 light

Yep, I looked into that.  The problem was that the connections being used
(regular wire nuts) weren't ensuring good enough contact between copper
wires and aluminum wires (didn't deform the wires to fit each other well
enough).  The electricity ended up flowing entirely through the thin thread
wires of the wire nuts, causing the platic part of the nut to burn and
eventually burn down the house.  Oxidation degraded the connections over
time until it got hot enough to become a problem.  New laws mandated
changing the type of connections made at wire junctions between aluminum and
copper, or swapping out all wiring, which obviously wasn't done too often.

These large aluminum calbes I'm using are used to transmit power to and from
RV's, via lugs similar to welding cable lugs.  I have used the same types of
connections in my car (I messed up one of them a bit, so that will have to
be redone eventually).  In order to fight corrosion, I'll coat the ends with
that red spray coating stuff FLAPS sells for battery terminals.  That stuff
is great on any battery terminal, BTW.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

BH