A few Q's on replacing MKII windshield

--0-809757179-1022217842=:27698

I need to replace the windshield on my '83 Rocco.  I recall reading a tech article on this once somewhere, but can't find it again.  If nobody can point me to that, can someone at least tell me the basics?  I would like to reuse my original windshield seal.  The only part of the tech article I remember was having someone sit in one of the seats and push on the windshield with their legs to get it out-  am I remembering anything?  Thanks in advance-
Rob