Cleaning Fuel Injectors w/Brake Parts Cleaner?

I don't remember who it was that said they cleaned their injectors by
spraying brake parts cleaner into the inlet but I tried this and nothing
came out the end of the injector.  It all just came back out on the inlet
side.   I was really hoping to do this and see the misting pattern and know
that the injectors were fine.  What am I missing here?...do I need more
pressure to make the injector mist?

16v injectors removed from the fuel line (I do not want the obvious
questions of did you take the injector off first?)

and I was using one of those straw like spray attachments on the nozzle of
the can

thanks

Michael Leach
LAMPS Integration and Test