break in: you've gotta be kidding

what next? so in the last 2 months, after 6 blissfull years with the old
rocc, i've had my car totalled, been thrown in jail, and now had the new
rocc broken into today. broad daylight, nice area of town, in a busy parking
lot, and i was gone 1 hr. assholes did a pry in. why can't they just break a
fucking window? so they ripped apart the center console, took my radio and
about 40 cds, left a pry mark on my pristine dash (grrr...), and of course
the sheetmetal damage, which i think can be mostly covered by armor plates
(anyone got a set?).  the good news: it could have been much worse. i think
they were scared off before they got a chance to take my amp (kinda hard to
get to, but they were trying) or speakers. i took my sunglasses in by
mistake (>$200, i usually leave em in the car like an idiot), and i had JUST
taken about 100 cds out of the car that i had for a drive to st louis last
weekend minutes earler. my radar detector is in my ex-girl's car, and they
didn't take my ipaq expansion pack/minidrive that was kind of hidden on the
floor. so ins will pay up to $750 before upping my premiums (less the 500
deductible). officially, i bet i have in the neighborhood of $1500-2000
damage, but most of it is easily repairable. man, if i could get my hands on
them...of course, all this the day after i reach a settlement with the other
company. and i have a date with a new chick tonight. as if it isn't hard
enough to impress a girl with a scirocco...
-michael
87 scirocco 16 valves, 0 radios.