OXS light question

This should be like the '81 Rabbit I once owned. Remove the dash trim (you have to remove the left side speaker and reach in through the hole to release the headlight switch!!)  There is a button on the BACK of the instrument cluster that can be pressed with a hooked coat hanger wire.  (I think there are two buttons, the other one does nothing)  I removed the instrument cluster, fixed the speedometer (yes, the gear in the speedometer broke before the car had 30k miles on it!), and cut the wire to the O2 light so I wouldn't ever have do this again.

The Bentley shows how to reset the light.

Bill

 Stupid question...
 My '83 GTI has its silly OXS light on. It has no "Ox Box" in front
 of the rain try like my Sciroccos used to - it's a one-piece cable. How do
 I turn the silly light off if there's no box for there to be a button on?
 Thanks,
 -Josiah