throttlebodies are *IN*

1) The shocks should be a hammercoated silver/grey with black
undertones/reflections from the fender wells.  That will be tough enough to
survive anything and look great, and a silvery grey will pick up the
aluminum shinyness, while the black undertones keep it subtle.   The stuff
Ron used on his passenger side mount would be good, but you need something a
little brighter.

2) Ink blue with polished, raised fins. The filler cap is the problem.  At
least paint it blue, but if possible, polish it.  Just the right accent to
keep the cover from being too dark.

Rock on, scottmeister.