[HELP] *Motronic Mk1 Gurus*

Ok, I am at the point now where I really don't have a clue. This is what
is in and done already:

Engine/Tranny
Head
Exhaust
Intakes/throttle body
Partial - Fuel Distributor (injectors need to be installed and lines
connected)

I am having Shine clean my injectors. I'll be dropping them off Monday.

I'm going Motronic, the car is an 81. The bottom end is a 2.0 out of a
92 Passat. The head is a 16v 1.8 out of a Jetta. The 4k is out of an 84
GTI. The intakes, throttle body, and fuel distributor are out of an
unknown vehicle, but all parts are Motronic (the airbox is moved to the
passenger side).

As far as the wiring is concerned, what do I need to start the car? What
is the minimum?

What do I need to make it run good?

I have the 81 fuse box and the 87 Roc fuse box (will either one of these
work with Motronic)?

There is a female connector on the throttle body cable, what is this
electrical piece for (knock sensor???)?

What do the knock sensors look like?

My goal is to eliminate any non-essentials, no ac/ps...What can I NOT
use from the Motronic setup (Keep in mind, I DO want to run a chip)?

The fuel lines on the car will have to be cut and shortened (I bought
the tool). However, the adapters on the car do not match the adapters on
the fuel line to distributor...Anyone run into this before?

I've already disconnected the 81 fuse box doh (no labels)! Was this
wrong?

I think that's it for now...

Thanks,

Jason F. Snow