Can I pass smog in CA with...

Will you pass if you have the flanged cat in? Without a doubt, visual and
the sniffer.  A lot of guys around here don't even do the visual check.

Why not just swap the cat/downpipe when you need to get it smogged? It
couldn't take longer than an hour, and it's only something you need to do
once every two years.  Anything after the cat is legal anyway, but you
probably knew that.

I've swapped fuel injection, ripped out all of the smog equipment, and
turbocharged my car.  I have 2.25" all the way back right now.  But it
should "pass," if you know what I'm saying.  Just gotta find the right
people :)

My brother was trying to get his rabbit smogged, and it wouldn't pass the
sniffer.  The guy voluntarily pulled the sniffer out of the tailpipe and let
the test go through!

Joe

Joe