[tech]: o2 sensor update

after having no dpr fluctuation, i replaced my o2 sensor last week-it still
didn't fluctuate, and i wasn't getting a voltage from the black wire.
figured i got a bad sensor, and replaced today with the same result.  after
much head scratching, and about to give up, i decided to check the voltage
from the white heating wires. whaddya know, one of the female ends of the
harness had slipped down, so one of the white wires had been disconnected.
hooked it back up and everything worked. ahhh, tuned scirocco. lessons
learned:
1. the white wires are necessary for o2 sensor to work. i had figured that
they were just for heating, and that even if disconnected the sensor would
work a la the 1 wire sensor, but that it would just take longer to heat up.
not true.
2. the black wire DOES put out a voltage, but it's wicked small. my analog
meter barely moved from the voltage. it isn't enough to light my led test
light.
3. this car is finally shaping up, and is starting to feel like it has some
power. woo hoo.

-michael
87 new scirocco 16v, "getting strooonger!" (<--rocky reference)