It's alive! Another view

Julie, I for one completely share in your joy and like to hear when some
of us have some success. I also enjoy reading other's journals of the
process they went through. If they're long and I don't feel like reading
them I pass. I'm in the process of getting my transmission back in after
rebuilding it with Ron and I'm praying the linkage will line up great
and for the first time I'll have a smooth shifting machine. I've written
some indepth posts in hope of helping and encouraging others in the
process. And just to share my enthusiasm.

For instance yesterday while reassembling my tranny I discovered a tool
to screw the green timing hole plug in good and tight. It is a tool to
remove bathtub faucets. It looks like a spark plug tool with different
size hex ends and a hole for a screwdriver to turn it. The size I used
was a 29/32nds. It fit perfectly and I was able to tighten her on down.

So all of you out there struggling with your machines please go ahead a
crow a bit when you get 'em working.

On another note am I the only one who gets tired of people who can't
talk without expletives? I enjoy this list but all the foul words and
crude jokes get old and childish to me. I'm 46 and I've seen it, been
there, got the tee shirt and I tire of it quickly.

Go ahead and let the flaming begin.