MK1 16v conversion Q

You could have interference with your hood. First of all, but sure to use
the passanger side mount from your MK1, and not the on fron the 16V. If you
use the 16V one you are sure to have interference and may even have to cut
away at part uf the hood support to make way for full throttle motion.

If you are using the MK1 side mount, you still might have minor
interference. I didn't with my 1.8 but I do with my 2.0. And...only while
it's running. I think It come up and smacks the hood on a hard downshift or
something, because I checked it in the garage and it did not hit.

At any rate, you'd be safe by grinding down the top of the throttle cable
holder, or drilling the holes out enought to lower it a little.

-- Craig