rocco almost caught on fire

i had the same thing happen to me, only all my dash lights were really dim.
like you said, two seconds later a *bunch* of white smoke started pouring
out of the vents. it didnt stop until i turned my lights off. of you take
apart your center console or the plastic part under your steering wheel, you
should be able to see a really burnt wire. it will be really easy to find.

-Craig
"Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)
"Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver)