A/C conversion

I too did an R134 conversion on my 87 16V with entirely different results.
My A/C never worked right in the 16V or 8V and I didn't think the
conversion could work any better... was I wrong. For the first time I have
working A/C

On my first day out, still a little low on the high and low side pressure,
I measured 85F out of the center vents with the A/C off on the freeway. I
switched on the A/C, not MAX, and immediately got cooler air. In a few
minutes I was measuring 38F out of the vent. This temp fluctuated between
38F and 42F... In my opinion the conversion works. It has been 4 weeks and
it seems to be holding, I have not measured pressures or temp but it's
still cold. The condenser is good shape and there is a big-ass oil cooler
in front of the condenser in line with the fan.

Temperatures were measured using a Fluke digital thermocouple with the lead
fed into the vent about 2"

-RGK-