motor mounts?

>From: "Lyman M. Terni" <ternil@union.edu>

>call me an idiot if need be, but I'm gonna ask two questions just to make
>sure I know what I'm looking at.
>
>What does a bad motor mount look like vs. a good or decent one?

you can't usually tell by looking when the mount is still on the car. assume
that the passenger side mount is bad though; it almost certainly is unless
the owner was one of us :)

>and second
>
>I know where the exhaust manifold is, but where exactly is the flex joint?
>and will it be simple to tell if its leaking?

flex joint is right below where the exhaust manifold attaches to the
downpipe. you might be able to tell if it's leaking by feeling around for
any leaks; usually though you can hear an exhaust leak. at the flex joint,
it will probably sound worse under hard acceleration.

hth,
-michael