and thus it ends.

I would go look at the car reguardless.  If it's good and you are sure you
want it and can get it on the spot.  Ask the seller to pull it off E-bay and
sell it to you right then and there.  If I'm not mistaken (and I could be)
The seller always has the right to pull the auction or cancel other peoples
bid's for a myrid of reasons.  So it doesn't have to be a lost cause, you
just have to work the seller the right way.  And if the car is a POS, then
your still safe, if the seller is POS, your safe again and all thats lost is
the $$ for the trip and the lodging.

William