block prep & "stress relieving"

--- Larry <rocco16v@netzero.com> wrote:
> Only stress relieve a machined part (i.e. an engine
> block) if you are
> prepared to completely re-machine it afterwards.
> That means EVERY machined
> surface!...cylinders, all bearing surfaces, mounting
> surfaces, etc.
> Things move during stress relieve. Maybe not much,
> but they do move.
> My question is:  why stress relieve it?  All it will
> accomplish is a quick
> weight-removal of your wallet.
>
> Larry  sandiego16V

You can make that question mine as well. I'm just
reading up on all the different things you can do to
prep an engine block.They all seem nice, but for the
kind of applications I am planning, many seem
extravagant.I'm just trying to decide which steps to
skip...and just what some of these steps are.

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos