Ignition Lock Cylinder Swap

--- Ken Bates <indiana_red@hotmail.com> wrote:
> One (or both) of my Bentlys mention that you have to
> drill the cylinder in a
> special to access arelease pin.  Then you can pull it out
> and snap in a new
> one.  I have a Key/lock that I want to move from the 16v
> parts car to the
> 79.
> Is this something someone has done before?  Is it as
> straight forward as I
> am being lead to believe?

IME, it is much easier to remove the entire casting with
lock cylinder and ignition switch to swap over.  (you can
never seem to get the hole drilled in exactly the right
place.)  Easy 15 minute job.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace