What's the dia. of those aftermarket intake pipes?

I'd like to duplicate one of those ABD intakes (as seen in latest
Eurotuner - Scirocco article), does anyone know the O.D. of the tubing
used?  (I just sold a Weber TB that would have given me that answer!)

On a similar topic, has anyone constructed their own piece to replace
the rubber boot on the fuel distributor?  What's the deal with the
protruding "thingy"?  I suppose it smoothes airflow...

Thanks!

Mark.

Games, Movies, Music & Sports! http://entertainment.yahoo.ca