OT: SUV bashing was --->Re: Carfax Anyone???

I don't understand why some people feel safer in Suvs that ford has now has
been forced to admit in court has design flaws since its conception(ie:
bronco, bronco II, and explorers)that it (Ford) ignored for the sake of
competition and beating release dates for suv products against chevy.
Documents from engineering tests, research & design data and recomdations
from analysts for product re-designs were passed over by the company's big
wigs for the sole purpose of making a buck and bringing their product to
market before the other guys. Sure they are trying to fix these issues now,
but the point is mute, since the product lines have been on the market for
over ten years and people have already (and still) been ignored or killed by
fords lack of safety concerns towards there consumers. If you choose to put
your family in one, that's your persona choice. Personally feel safer in a
vehicle that has been throughly designed and needs no recalls (Ford has 9
major recalls in just the past 2 model years for the explorer and the Escape
twice in the first year of the product line!! opposed to VW 1
recall(voluntary!!!) for emissions issues), no re-engineering, and no
lawyers to polish its reputation.
And as for Volkswagens being deathtraps, there is no better engineering than
the Germans, our VW's have to meet tough TUV standards, which make the U.S.
standards look like the directions on a bar of soap!. I have totaled my fair
share of VW's and walked away from them all (unlike my ford!!!), and went as
far as wrapping a MKI Scirocco around a tree (25"diameter oak) at 80 miles
an hour sideways with the impact point on the drivers door. I walked away!!!
my passenger walked away!!! The car still started and ran!!! And would have
moved under its own power had it not busted a tie rod. show me an ford or
chevy Suv that can with stand such a collision! or for that matter pass a
TUV inspection! Now you don't have to wonder way Ford and Chevy have
different product lines in Europe!!

Call it Suv bashing or whatever you want, the facts can not be ignored the
only way to be safe is by being an informed consumer and not waste hard
earned money on poor quality JUNK!