Permatex #2, was 16V oil pan

Yup, AFAIK Permatex 2A and 2B differ only in the size of the tube.
It's the smelly brown stuff that's been around for eons.  Dad still has
a tube that I'm sure is older than me, and I'm 40 (I do trust things
that have been around awhile - like me).

I use a thin coat if any at all. It won't harden, you can use it as
thread dope, and it won't hurt your sensors. t also gets under your
fingernails for that stylish gearhead look.  Waaay better than RTV, but
not as good as a decent gasket with no sealer at all.

I use Permatex Hi-Tack (sparingly) where I have to hold a gasket in
place for assembly, or prefer that it comes apart attached to one
specific surface.

RTV is for sealing windshields and hatch gaskets and stuff.

Ron

=====