Group Buy-BSI stayrod for A1 chassis

here is a x-section of our firewall:
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/0-allyn/project/imagepages/image81.htm
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/0-allyn/project/imagepages/image88.htm
if it attaches anywhere near that seam (above the steering rack mount points), it will have the
triangulated distribution of the forward/rearward stress.

...but what gets me is that there IS NO fore/aft motion under acceleration. The engine has purely
torque (rotational) movement at any time. The engine isnt pulling the car forward, its turning the
wheels, which force the a-arms forward, which pulls the a-arm mounting points (namely the forward
ones). The stress the body exerts on the engine to make it accelerate forward along with the car is
easily handled by the engine mounts.
    The stress on our lower rad supports is due to the torque of the engine, which translates to
vertical motion at the center of the beam. The cause of the heavy cracks on the bottom of our beams
is downshifting followed by rapid clutch release. I really cant see how that stayrod would help in
that at all.

p.s. its also one hell of a way to increase cockpit noise (connect engine directly to cockpit with a
rigid arm). ...and you thought that poly rear tranny mount was hard on your ears/feet/butt...

sorry to seem to be flaming the thing, but it just seems like it would do more bad than good (if any
good at all).

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch, driveshafts, wheels :)