Darkening headlights

For Cory Langford, t al

If you have not tried yet, contact Hella at their 800 #, they have
knowledgeable people who can answer if they have a black-out lamp for
the 4 x 6".

On a related topic, PUMA in cleveland sells sets of four clear plastic
headlight covers that would probably be OK to spray the VHT or other
tint into.  These mount under the headlight mounting frames, so for easy
on-off you'd have to innovate.  They sell these for rallyists.  Will
locate their 800 # if needed.  They also sell those silly short Al
(JOM?) Fuba "bee sting" antenna masts if you don't want to buy one off
EBAy among other lighting products.  The 4 x 6" plastic headlight
protectors were ~$20 IIRC.

That does bring up the reason, Why?  Well, when I used to take the 16V to
track days, I'd use black duct tape to avoid a cracked lens in the
Cibies.  Looked neato.  But....on the street, espec. at night, I would
not tempt my vision or law enforcement.  My $0.02.
The PO of my 84 GTi made some Al plates, covered them with black 3M vinyl
and made some brackets that mount in front of the OEM rect. headlights FWIW.
Speed clips mount to smallish angle brackets, button head bolts secure
the covers.

RE:  The Rabbit with the 1 squeek/rev

Before you go to extreme of replacing rotor, rotate the wheel while it is
jacked up.  Maybe that can help isolate the cause (something rubbing on
caliper?)

 -- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre