[OT] GTI won't start

First things that come to mind are cam timing and ignition timing.
Double check both.  I had fits on a Chevy small block that wouldn't run
right...I had the cam perfectly set...to the wrong mark. (some VW cam
sprockets have two marks, so be warned).

HTH

Ron

--- "Jason F. Snow" <jason_f_snow@nac.net> wrote:
> Hey Gang,
>
> A buddy of mine asked me to write the Scirocco gurus to get some
> input
> on this.
>
> Scenario:
>
> 84 Rabbit GTI
> 2.0 (8 valver)
>
> It ran great when he put it away for the winter. He had a head p&p'd,
> valve job, and a radical (176???) cam put into it. All he did was
> remove
> the old head and put this newly redone head on. The timing has been
> checked several times by competent people. It has spark and fuel. It
> turns over very easily, and feels like there's no compression coming
> out
> of the cylinders (finger test). He is having a compression test done
> tonight. Any thoughts? Could it be that the head is messed up? Or can
> the Cam be too radical?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason F. Snow
> Mobile: (781)223-5966
> Zodiac Systems
> Information Technology Consultant

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.