Let me clarify .. transmission flipping

Ok, this is in relation to that turbo Golf.

Now, they would have mounted the Porsche engine backwards (I checked the
pics... and I know you can't fit it in the regular way because of the
overhang from the rear wheels), and the same with the transmission, which is
a Porsche 5 speed per the article.

So, as Chung told me, there is a way to do this with those types of
transmissions.

I understand how a regular old tranny like in our cars wouldn't work in such
an application ... but then as it was pointed out you don't have to flip
anything .. just move the motor backwards if you're using a Vdub motor, that
wasn't my train of thought though.

Anyways, I got my answer so you can toss this around amongst yourselves  :)