Tinted head Lights?

On a MKI I had, my partner and I took two of the smoked license plate covers
(or thin smoked plexi), cut out a diameter a little larger than the diameter
of the light, heated them up witha heat gun and molded them to the curve.
Once they cooled, they were attached to the light with velcro (8 peices).
They looked really good during the day, but you really had to pull them off
at night.
I would think it would be easier to do a mkII figureing the lights are not
round nor convex.