remedies for vibrating glove box lids?

--- Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The motor vibration at idle wouldn't be so bad if the
> damn glovebox didn't chatter so badly...
>
> has anyone conjured up a method? Can the lock be "tuned"
> up? Black weather-stripping? Any ideas?

You say you just changed all mounts, OE at the sides but HD
in front & rear.  I had a HD rear for awhile but it caused
too much vibration for my tastes, changed it for OE and
have been happy.  (Ben Harder's been through this too I
believe.)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace