Car won't start, stupid friggin thing

or a timing problem! if there's gas in the cylinders (sounds like there is),
and a spark, it's either timing or compression. check the injectors too, but
that doesn't sound like your problem. i didn't catch whether it starts at
all? obviously, if it's hard starting, and runs ok warm, you need to check
cold start valve, etc. if it isn't starting at all, check timing belt (make
sure cam turns with engine! the belt may look ok-ask me how i know), double
check cam/ignition timing. gl,
-michael
87 slowrocco 16v