Another new muffler! (was: My exhaust is driving me nuts!)

I think there are two different types of rasp. One isn't bad, doesn't sound
wimpy or anything, it's just rasp that comes from having a tuned out 4
cylinder engine (like a VW 16v). Then there's the
Honda-Civic-cheap-aftermarket-muffler-or tip-only rasp that sounds wimpy,
restricted, annoying, and crappy.

The Flowmaster DOES produce some rasp, but not much, and it's a pretty
hearty tone. This is a given on ANY 16v exhaust in my opinion. It's a 16v,
it's going to sound like a 4 cylinder in some way, shape, or form.  But the
flowie makes a sweet, deep, loud noise that could only be challenged by
Borla.

I was never happy with my Dyno-Max SuperTurbo. Too raspy, to tinny, to high
pitched (and too quiet before it broke in). I was quite happy that it broke
and I was able to upgrade to the Flowie. I just wish the Flowie hadn't took
a dump. But hopefully it was a one time thing.

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus
(505) 821-4800