Wheel Crap

Hey all -

	Well, after a hiatus, I'm back on the Scirocco list. heh
heh.... once a member, always a member as they say. Here's the story
so far....

I won an auction on some Borbet Type C's of a Corrado on Ebay a few
months ago. They came from a place called Bad Boy Motorsports in the
LA area. While the auction was still going on, I emailed the place
and asked them what kind of tires came on it. They didn't email me
back an answer, but I let the auction go through. Well, the wheels
got shipped to my place (a week late from when the said they would be
there). They were still in plastic from shipping and since I wasn't
going to put em on for a few months until I got my engine issues
sorted out I left them in the garage. But when I looked at the tires,
there were 4 unmatched different tires on the dang things.... LAME.
But whatever, I stayed in the auction without knowing, so my bad.
	Well, I took the wheels out of the plastic to put em on
yesterday, 4 months after the auction. One of the wheels has a crack
in 2 places that wasn't visible through the plastic. I called the
shop, and supposedly they are going to try to work something out. I'm
still waiting to hear back from them. So here's my question.
	1) Assuming they came off a Corrado, I they will fit on my
16v. Right? Right? Tell my I'm right.
	2) If the wheel is cracked, how much is it going to cost to
get it fixed and where should I go?
	3) How much yelling should I do at these guys and does anyone
in LA want to help?

	In good news, my ride is up and running again, and pulling
strong after having some electrical issues. I'm going to be painting
it with the cash from my tax return, but first I've got to swap out
the AC compressor and fix a door handle and some vents. Maybe I'll
have it ready in time for the ND meet.

					later,

						- Ben Patterson
Ben Patterson 				Cell  - 650.274.7525
Networking/Macintosh			Desk  - 650.723.8400
Systems Engineer			Email: bpatterson@stanford.edu
TAS/ITSS				Stanford University

"Being an authority and being a woman are very similar, in that if
you have to tell people you are one, then you aren't."

					- Margaret Thatcher