It's been done but gotta share (long)

Well, holding my breath and being very careful I got the FUBA antenna on
my '87 16V replaced yesterday without tearing anything up. And WOW does
it have good reception. Following are my steps borrowed from you guys:

Raise hatch and remove weatherstripping
Carefully pull back headliner from car - I used a razor as needed to get
under the edge enough to pull it up and off. Pulled loose to the
corners.
By gently coaxing and being patient I pulled the foam padding out in one
piece with no damage.
Used a small screwdriver to pry the headliner off the hooks.
Removed the 17mm bolt on the antenna.
Cut the antenna wire at the antenna, removed antenna.
(The Fuba Beta D I received had a two part cable)
Installed new antenna with short connectors onto roof.
Using electrical tape I connected the new long antenna cable to the old
one.
Reaching in the fender well by the rear windshield washer resevior (sp?)
I pulled the cable through to the trunk.
Removed rear seat and foam under seat to reveal cables. Pulled cable
through to in front of rear seat.
Cut cable tie just in front of rear seat and pulled from where cable
comes out under radio.
Got about half way and cable wouldn't pull no more.
Lift up carpet, removed driver's seat to find another cable guide.
Worked taped part of cable through that guide.
Almost there. I continue to pull the cable from the hole beside the gas
pedal but I run out of cable, the stupid cable is too short.
Run to Radio Shack and get two 2' extensions just to be sure.
Back cable out to where carpet is lifted under removed driver's seat.
Install extension, of course it doesn't have the power wire so using the
old cable I tape a wire (I used black to coordinate color scheme) and
pull it back to under removed seat where I am working.
Attach wire and begin re-pulling to get it up to where it comes out of
the carpet and up to the radio.
Hangs again. I get impatient and keep pulling. I pull the two cables
apart.
I then lift the front carpet and sound pads along with the sound pad
going over the hump and pull the old cable back through.
I retape the cables together and this time reaching under the sound pads
get the cable all the way to the front and out of the carpet.
Almost there again.
I then proceed to pull the cable up through the radio opening, stops
again. I tear apart the foam wrapped around the cable to find another
cable tie.
Cut the tie and pull the cable through.
With one 2' extension the cable is just long enough to get it to the
radio. I'm wishing Radio Shack had 3' antenna extensions.
Now back to the hatch to close up the headliner. Whoops I almost forgot
the foam pad. Now which way does it go? Okay got it.
Carefully snapped the headliner back onto the hooks, this went easier
than I expected.
Carefully pulled the headliner back over the hatch frame to it's
original position.
Reinstall the weather stripping and voila' eet ees done.
Whew, something many of you guys have done but I was dreading it. I just
knew I'd tear the headliner beyond repair.

I included my process as some steps I hadn't seen printed before. The
Bentley and Chilton's make it sound so easy and of course they are
telling how to completely remove the headliner.

Now on to replaceing the front motor mount, the transmission main
shifting lever bushing. Check alignment of the shift mechanism. Replace
door panel and door sill plates, etc, etc, etc.

If you've read this far thanks for letting me share.