Failed Emissions, what does it mean?

Before removing emissions in the neighorhood county,
my friend with the corvette was going to put a fake
cat on his just so he can keep his Corvette while he
moves to that county, but they stopped emissions and
he does not have to make a fake anymore and he hasn't
moved yet.  Hes done other crazy things like cheat on
the inspections
--- doug czajka <scirocco16v@europe.com> wrote:
> > I dont have a cat, but dont think thats wy I
> failed, but now that they saw
> > that there isn't one i have to put one in, oh
> well.
> >

> I just had a thought.  For those of you running
> downpipes and headers, anybody ever thought of
> constructing a fake cat?  Maybe cut the old one off
> of the old pipe or just getting one from the scrap
> yard.  gut it out, make a few cuts, and then attach
> it over the downpipe/header about where a cat would
> go.  You could take this fake cat "shell" on/off
> when emission time came.
>
> This is all assuming that the guy doing the visual
> isn't very thorough or too attentive, and that you
> can actually pass without a real cat.
>
> What do you all think of this idea.  Am i crazy,
> could it work?  I'll eventually go to the TT
> downpipe w/o cat and may need to look into something
> like this...
> --
>

> Doug C.
> '88 16v
> Raleigh, NC

> Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at
> Mail.com
> http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
>
> Win the Ultimate Hawaiian Experience from
> Travelocity.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4018363;6991039;n?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/winhawaii/

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)
1987 White Quantum wagon (Stock with auto)
aw614.topcities.com/1984.htm