removing back seats

--=======7065B79=======

At 02:05 PM 3/28/02 -0500, NastyRican1021@aol.com wrote:

>i got a 85 8v scirocco. wolfsburg edition. i was just wondering if anyone
>ever took out the back seats and just carpeted it? how much pain in the
>ass you guys think it would be.
>jose

I have hauled some things with the seat out and stuff and can say this
much- it will be MUCH louder.  Now if you sound deaden the floor and
interior rear quarter areas, it
probably won't be too bad.  I had thought, some time back, about removing
my back seat and building a little wall from the floor to the luggage cover
(like a CRX has) and carpeting the whole thing.  That's always an option if
you just want the seat out and don't need tons of room.

John