Audi Multitronic

--part1_c3.205fe0a1.29d546ca_boundary

Anyone have the 411 on how Audi's new multitronic Transmission works.  They
say there is no gears and no shifting.  So how does it work when you floor
it, does it just shoot up to redline and stay there?  I just don't understand
it.  Anyone want to enlighten me?

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6

--part1_c3.205fe0a1.29d546ca_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Anyone have the 411 on how Audi's new multitronic Transmission works.&nbsp; They say there is no gears and no shifting.&nbsp; So how does it work when you floor it, does it just shoot up to redline and stay there?&nbsp; I just don't understand it.&nbsp; Anyone want to enlighten me?<BR>
<BR>
Brian 86 16v<BR>
98 Jetta GLX Vr6</FONT></HTML>

--part1_c3.205fe0a1.29d546ca_boundary--