is this a good price

That could be an okay deal if everything is rebuilt with some really
excellent parts. However, I don't see much point in investing in your car
like that. Rather, I'd just pick up a 2l motor with say... 70k miles on the
clock. I can get those for $350 easy. I've also got 1.8l heads lying around
as if they're growing on trees. What are they worth? -say, $150? So, for a
total of less than $600 you can get yourself a potent combination with
plenty of miles ahead of it. Yeah, it might expire before that new one from
Gex, but by then these lumps will be selling for chump change.

Well, that's my opinion, anyway.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut