[removing back seats]

NastyRican1021@aol.com wrote:
> --------------------------------------------- =

>	MIME Type:=A0multipart/alternative =

> --------------------------------------------- =

i got a 85 8v scirocco. wolfsburg edition. i was just wondering if anyone=
 =

ever took out the back seats and just carpeted it? how much pain in the a=
ss =

you guys think it would be. =

jose

Well, ask the gals too eh? Anyway, mine is more often in two seater mode =
than
not, and sometimes a one seater, that's kinda cool too, reduces the sprun=
weight (of my hubby not being able to sit there! Ohh, that was nasty wasn=
't
it). It's really easy to do and undo actually, like I've done it in the
morning on my way to work more than once. =

Downsides - as mentioned, big decrease in rear speaker sound (the "box" f=
ormed
by the seat/ hatch area isn't there since it is all open) and the muffler=

noise is way worse, especially as the old Dynomax decreases it's quieting=

abilities over time (can we say deaf? good, I won't hear you anyway) =

And one more thing, you'll see the brake lights every time you use them y=
ou
get used to it, or you can cook up some way to cover them up.
On the plus side, in a sunroofed car, the rear seat is useless for adults=
 so
it's no big loss. And who wants kids in there anyhow? I got a nice chunk =
of
black automotive carpet from a carpet store and cut it to size. I think I=
'll
get some cheap dynomat for street duties, for under the carpet, and remov=
e it
when it's not needed ( ie not adhere it to the car.) =

And in one seater mode, it's like a darn cargo van inside, lots of room!
I kind of like both configurations. =

Cathy, 16V currently in "parked, four seater" mode, hey, it's still winte=
r!