Glovebox door lock swap

I finally got my new glovebox door for the '84 today and I need to swap
the existing lock for the one in my car (I don't have a key for the new
one).
Any tips?
Oh, and I did my heater core yeaterday, what a freakin' PITA!!  Luckily
I had an old heater core-A/C box with  the core still in it, so I
practiced hacking that one up first.  Glad I did, I am.  Now my fan
won't come on, the relay just clicks when an A/C option is selected.  I
think I knocked a ground off somewhere under the dash.
Nate
'81
'84