From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Christian Els
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 22:22
To: Larry; '84 Scirocco; VW List
Cc: jester@westfailure.net
Subject: Re: Scirocco for sale, was: ebay rant (short)

Friggen mercenaries, the lot of you's...

My Scirocco is for sale for a number of reasons: I have too many cars to
keep licensed and insured and maintained; I am competing in my rear-drive
car this year so the Scirocco is now 'extra'; I have to take folks to lunch
occasionally for work and asking a client to fold himself into the backseat
is a cruel joke; I am not a show car kind of guy but this Scirocco is nice
enough to become a show car - more on that...

I bought my Scirocco from it's original owner, a VW nut who loved the car to
death, then found a girlfriend who was jealous and convinced him he needed a
New Beetle so he'd 'have something reliable.' His loss, my gain. She's never
been in an accident except that somebody pushed a shopping cart into her
hood which scratched the paint but failed to dent anything. I rebuilt the
engine two years ago, and replaced or refurbished most every component under
the hood. She is setup to run in Stock class AutoX, all she needs is a new
set of stickies and away you go. I have the luxury of not *having* to sell
her so I want to find a good home for her, somebody who wants a Scirocco and
not the next 16 year-old with a wad of cash. She has a few small issues that
need to be looked after but all in all she is a very nice example of the
marque. If you know anybody who is looking for a good clean car to start a
project on, point them my way. I don't think they'll be disappointed. And
the bidding is now at $5.50...

Inquire for more details, see some pics here:
<www.schnellpc.com/scirocco.htm>

Don't worry, I still have two more A1's that aren't going anywhere, and I
always have my eye open for the next $100 roller...

Cheers,

Christian Els
Columbia, MO