[RE: aagh, I hate car laws]

> In Missouri, if you live in/near Kansas city Or St. Louis, we are a
> federal enhanced emissions area. You get to go to the state mandated
> roller dyno, and if you spent the 2 c notes you are allowed to pollute
> another 2 years.

When did that take effect?  I've been living in the Kansas City area since
'95 and never had to do any dyno/emmissions tests.  I moved to KS in '99--is
this a new requirement?

> After that ordeal, we get to take our cars to the local mechanic for an
> inspection, and he trys to fail you because then maybe he gets to sell you
> a $5 part & 1/2 hour labor for $150.

I did have to do the safety inspections when I lived on the MO side, which
often seemed more like a way for the inspecting mechanic to make a few
bucks, as you stated.  Sheesh.

I'm so glad I live on the KS side now.  No safety or emmissions
inspections--just renew your tags through the mail.  :)

Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition
'95 GTI VR6
http://www.divergent.org/mikes.vws/