ebay rant (short)

<Sigh, how did I get sucked into this...>

I agree that what you illustrate does happen, pretty frequently even.

I'm just saying that person with the $31 bid (in your example) is paying
more than the item is worth. That mentality leads to big credit card bills
and no groceries at the end of the month. Dumb.

Bid what it's worth and forget, any other way is a money trap.

Waiting to post your first bid until the very end is effective but you're
going to lose to a person with a big checkbook and overblown sense of value
no matter when that person bids, if they want the same thing you do.

The real key is bidding on crap nobody else wants ;) Speaking of, somebody
buy my car...heh.

Cheers,

Christian Els
1987 Scirocco 16V, For Sale