16V BRAKE QUESTION

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, DEMETRIS  RAPTIS wrote:

> my other car a 2001 TDI golf has excellent brakes and grab.
> Grabbing is what my scirocco is lacking.

I have noticed this too, my 87 and my current 86.5 scirocco BOTH lacked
pedal feel.

My former 87 i always kept up on brakes, and now the 86 has new rear
rotors, pads new front rotors & pads. no grab.

However, my 81 bunny truck has smaller front brakes, all the same generic
brake pads & has insane grab. when you hit that pedal you feel it.

The only thing i replaced on the 81 that i havent yet on the roc is MC and
hard & soft lines...

Is it just an inhernent mushiness to the 10.1 setup, or are we all missing
something?

peas,

Steve

P.S. just realized, someone could have put one of the small MC's in the
roc, is there a PN on it to make sure its the bigger one it should have?

     If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile. --James Bond
                      http://westfailure.org