Scirocco -vs- Sirocco (ebay) was: E-bay Misrep...

John,
Sounds like this guy might have misspelled the name because he didn't know
the proper spelling but...
In most dictionaries the definition you will find for Scirocco
is...."scirocco: variation of sirocco (or) see sirocco"
If you look in some dictionaries you will not even find the word scirocco
but sirocco is always there.
The definition we all know and love (hot desert wind from Libyan desert
blowing across the mediterranean) comes from the word "sirocco", someone
(VW, Giugiaro?) changed it to scirocco for our cars (german spelling, other
reason, ?????).

What I get a kick out of is when it is spelled scirroco or sirroco or
sometimes with k instead of c.
It is amazing what you can find on e-bay when you start messing with the
spelling of words in your searches. 8^)

Randy
aka "Sirocco"
www.myscirocco.org