More Q's on Scarletts performance.

Have you done a compression test? If the power is that bad it sounds
like something major isn't right.
A compression test will let you know if one or more cylinders is sick.
Burned valves, sticking rings, valve adjustment so far off the valves
aren't closing...
Better yet a leakdown test will help you pinpoint the problem with out
disassembly.
Other things to check:
Warm up regulator, swap in another one is the only way I know to check
this without measuring fuel pressure although in my experience a bad WUR
generally shows up as bad starting and cold running.
Distributor cap so old the center plunger is worn and doesn't contact
the rotor.
Dan