Lightened Flywheels

I lightened my own, and just by removing the ring down to the surface
that the PP bolts to, it dropped to the 8 1/2 pound range.  If you're
careful and your lathe is big enough, you don't even have to pull the
pins out.

Any more material than that and you'll have to cut into the back of it,
which scares me.

Mine's been fine for oh, about 6000 miles or more.

Ron