FW: on prop valves

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Stauffer
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 9:05 AM
To: 'Mk1gti@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: on prop valves

Scott (and anyone else that has some info!),

I'm currently midway through the rocco 16v brake upgrade to my 83 GTI.  Rear
discs, bigger fronts, and the mc/booster.

The question involves prop valves.  I've heard folks say that even with the
16v rocco prop valves, the rears still want to lock up prematurely.  Perhaps
because the rabbit rear end(with no spare or back seat) is so much lighter.

At any rate, which prop valves did you use?

My situation is somewhat more complicated(heh, of course) as I'm not using
rear calipers from a 16v rocco, I'm using the cast aluminum calipers from a
2001 Jetta.  The piston diameter is larger(41 vs 36mm IIRC) than the rocco
rear calipers, which, I think, is going to further favor rear wheel lockup(
I may be wrong on this last point, dunno).  So I was thinking about using
*both* the Rabbit stock prop valve(the alum block) AND the 16v prop valves.

Good idea?  Bad idea?  Why?   Any other thoughts?  I should probably, at
this point, be seriously considering an adjustable prop valve, but I don't
have one of those in the garage, where as I have every other piece of the
puzzle.  Thanks.