Fixed oil cooler seal leak...observations

     I fixed the leak on top of the oil cooler and I noticed something.
A seal from an oil filter is a good match.  The size and shape is perfect.
Canadian Tire didn't have anything close (although the kid behind the counter
had no idea what I was talking about).  I wonder, though, the seal that came out
(in several pieces) seemed to be plastic rather than rubber.  Should I be
concerned that what I put in won't last?  Am I going to be changing this thing
again soon?  Fortunately, it's not that difficult.
    Since I was under the hood playing, I decided this was a good time to
upgrade the grounds.  Replaced the battery to chassis/transaxle wire with some
2 gauge and replaced the line from just above the coil to the valve cover with
a fresh 10 gauge and new ends.  For every one who hasn't done this, YOU NEED
TO!  In the past, I couldn't have the blower motor at 4, headlights, rear
defrost and stereo on without the low voltage warning coming on.  Now, the volt
meter stays rock solid at 13.5 or so.

--
Cheers,
Colin

If you can read this line, you're probably not illiterate.