Grounding Issues - And other maintinence

Now that the weather has begun to turn towards Spring I am prone to do
all sorts of things I wouldn't when I get rained on. (And some have
SNOW! =:0  ).

I have been a champion of good grounding and free electrons for a long
time but it came to my attention that another car  manufacturer had
troubles found to be attributed to poor grounding points.

In this case it's that AWD Turbo Japanese car who shall remain nameless
due to Off Topic-ness, but it's still the same for automobiles of most
any kind.

In this particular case they found only a single place had metal to
metal contact, three or four other places were metal to painted metal
with only a bolt through and maybe a star washer (that didn't even cut
the paint) for electrical flow.

Folks have been relating a miss in the middle of the power band, and
trouble esp w/ chipped systems that gets cleared up when they remove the
paint and get a good connection. (Be sure to coat exposed metal to
prevent future corrosion).

So- Check here for an off the shelf solution and to get a nice picture
in your head:

<http://www.newdimensions.com/products/page_4.html>

Even if you retain the original stuff (WHY?- the Horror!) you should get
that bottle brush type battery post cleaner and go to town. Lube after
and reclamp, don't forget the chassis places that the ground straps to
and think to add a good size wire from the Alt CASE to the block.

Love to all, I'm going outside now.
TBerk